Emser Tile Employee Newsletter - 2021 Q2
Finding Ways to Say Yes
Despite a few challenges, Emser is seeing tremendous growth in 2021.
Dear Emser Team,
Welcome to our new all-digital newsletter! Thanks for clicking – we think this is a much more efficient way of delivering pertinent info to the Emser family.
We are having an incredibly successful 2021 with many opportunities ahead in the months to come.
Emser is a global product developer and a U.S top 100 Importer. This is important because this gives us the ability to bring to market an ongoing array of products and price points. Our Product Development Team is launching new products at an ever-faster rate. There are more products to come, and you are going to be excited with continuing product launches, as we make our way through 2021.
However, the year will have its challenges. Like every industry – including our competitors – we’re being impacted by supply chain issues, which are tightening our inventory.
We expect the global shipping industry to remain tight through the end of this year. This is due to high cargo demand, a shortage of containers and a lack of cargo space on ships with unprecedented costs per container.
We can meet this moment. What makes Emser unique and sets us apart, are the guiding principles we use to grow, to be agile and to show great leadership, in times of challenge and opportunity. The Supply Chain Team and I use these principles daily (and sometimes hourly) to provide the focus and direction required to execute.
We are using the Emser principles in the following ways to execute ongoing product flow:
Find a way to say yes.
- We are using multiple ports beyond our typical DC Ports to bring product into the U.S., such as Savannah, GA.
- We are landing product at the closest U.S. port destination from origin Country.
Work it out on the backside.
- We are balancing spot market space for hot product needs and utilizing contract rates for the balance of containers where possible.
- We are using Intermodal to offset domestic transportation costs for DC-to-DC transfers.
Have our cake and eat it too.
- Our Allocations Team is working closely with all to fulfill our customers’ needs as product arrives at our DCs.
- Containers are prioritized into each DC to gain access to needed product first.
Take a Leadership position.
- We are continuing to launch new products in the market.
- We are working closely with our factory partners to ramp production where needed to enhance our in-stock position.
- The International Team continues to search for creative ways to move product from Origin to our DC’s.
- We are launching a new Emser product forecasting system at Corporate.
To that last point: We’ve focused significant time and investment on a multi-year effort to digitally integrate all aspects of the supply chain. As a major component of this, we are excited to announce the implementation of Oracle’s Demand Management Cloud. Implementation of this best-in-class software significantly increases our forecasting horsepower using proven forecasting algorithms and seamless layering of customer forecasts. This transformation improves our ability to anticipate and react quickly to business changes. The Oracle Supply Planning Cloud will link to the DM Cloud and improve our ability to provide supply consistency and advanced anticipation of potential supply disruptions.
These are just a few of the ways we are using Emser principles to lead and succeed. This is what truly makes Emser unique and the best in the industry.
I look forward to Q3 and Q4 as we continue to make sales history.
Thank you for your ongoing support!